Garnett Netherwood were appointed by Longport Ltd to refurbish the Kings Premier Health Club in Guernsey.
The club is purported to be the second oldest tennis club in the world and has been a centre for Guernsey sport for over a hundred years. Starting out in 1857 as an archery club, by the 1870’s tennis and croquet became the main sports and archery faded away. It’s believed the first tennis club was created in 1874 in Leamington Spa and a year later Kings Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club was officially formed.
The current buildings were constructed in the early 1970’s and have since been extended and refurbished many times. Garnett Netherwood were approached by Longport to rationalise the layout and to undertake a full refurbishment and complete modernisation of the buildings and facilities. Phase 2 is shortly due for completion with Phase 3 immediately following on.